IF like me, you regularly travel with just hand luggage you will know how difficult it is to fit all of your toiletries and cosmetics into one 20 x 20 plastic bag. Today I am going to show you a foolproof way to take everything you need for a quick getaway with minimum of fuss and no confiscations at passport control. There are many new products on the market that do not need to go into the plastic bag ! The secret is to choose one of the new influx of solid and balm products that were once liquid or gel. Moisterizers are available in solid balms as are perfumes. Foundations can be compact formulas as can blushers and lipcolours. Then there are old favourites our sticks and pencils. This can be done girls, with forward thinking and planning there will be no need to skimp on beauty. Although I must point out that they have been tried and tested at Heathrow and Gatwick Airports only and smaller provincial airports could be inconsistent.
Firstly start with a soft vanity bag in a beautiful sunny colour. Mine is by Inthefrow.com (thanks Victoria ). I love this bag as it opens like a lid to reveal all my products at a glance perfect for on board touch ups. It does come filled with products for £67.
In this bag I pack
- Small mirror
- Hair toggles
- Ear plugs
- Moisterizer as a balm . Mine is Lumene Nutri recharging balm £31.90
- Stick deodrant. Only aerosols and roll ons need to go in the plastic bag.
- Solid scent Jo Malone Lime Basil and mandarin £14
- Compact Foundation YSL All Hour/Estee Lauder Doublewear £36
- Nars Multiple Stick £30 (cheeks lips,eyes)
- Cheek Illuminator Stick Tanya Burr £4
- Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in rose for healthy glow dab on cheeks and lips as you land ! £22.50
- Chanel eyebrow/liner pencil £21
- Tom Ford Nude lip coulour shine (sultry)£40
- Bobbi brown Lip balm (SPF 15) Clear £17.50 perfect for in flight and on the beach
All the above will fit very neatly into this small vanity bag with plenty of room to place your 20 x 20 clear plastic bag on top with the few essential liquid items (not exceeding 100ml remember!)
CLEAR PLASTIC BAG:
- Anti bacterial gel ( a must )
- Sachets of night serum
- Barry M Mist and Fix in Dewy £5 (followers know I don’t leave home without it !)
- Optional – an aromatherapy spray mist to relax or revitalise
Cleansing wipes do not have to go in the plastic bag my personal favourites are IN TRANSIT NO TRACES by THISWORKS £18 but if you are only travelling overnight smaller wi packs can be found. This can go directly into carry on bag.
Your local Beauty Consultants will carry sample sizes in your favourite products these are freely available.
Every airport now has a Boots in the Departure lounge so you could always just buy small size toiletries once you are through and discard them on your return.
JOJOS STYLELIST TIP:IF YOU TRAVEL REGULARLY AS I DO. KEEP YOUR LITTLE YELLOW BAG READY STOCKED WITH YOUR FLY FRIENDLY PRODUCTS FOR STRESS FREE TRAVELLING.