10 IDEAS FOR POSITIVE PROJECTS
This is a fraught time for many of us especially when we have been told to self isolate. I understand this is difficult for some people but whether you have a family, live on your own or are self isolating with friends this must be turned into a positive experience. It is a forced position we are increasingly are finding ourselves in but its unlikely this will happen again when we have time to adopt new projects and who knows it may make us change the way we live in the future.
Here are some of my ideas but I would love to hear from you guys on inventive ways you are spending your time !!! Fill in the comments below and share.
- Clear out closets actually try everything on (yes, you have time now !) and if you don,t love it bin or donate.
- Laser hair removal at home. I have a Phillips Tria (£375) that I never have time to use as it takes SOOO long . But now I can dedicate a proper program to blitz the hair ! If you don’t have one they are currently on sale at triabeauty.co.uk for £249 a whopping £126 pound saving ! So depending on how long we are in lockdown at least you will be hair free by the summer. So buzz the fuzz !
- Get your old wii fit out ! Having rediscovered mine this week it will now be a permanent fixture it really does boost your fitness and motivates you with targets as you train with instructors who interact. Great if you are missing the gym or feeling lonely. Also use the Wii to interact with the family with sporting olympics. Im loving the wii.
- On the fitness front there are many Yoga beginners classes it is fabulous for fitness but great for mental health too which may be a stronger incentive for you at this time. 30 minutes every morning in just two weeks I promise you there will be a noticeable difference in strength flexibility and tone.
- Dust down that healthy cookbook you bought in January and learn lots of new healthy recipes assuming at the time of this publication you can get produce delivered. Or alternatively use a home delivery cookery course such as Gousto. I love Melissa Hemsleys ayurvedic recipes check out her instagram.
- Get out in the garden as the weather is now brightening up and so important to breathe fresh air. Order bulbs and plants on line, jet wash the patio and garden furniture, vacuum the astro turf oops sorry I mean, feed the lawn !
- Learn an instrument I downloaded a brilliant App called ‘ Simply Piano’ its now been 3 months since I started and my piano playing has improved dramatically. Honestly in 2 weeks even as a total beginner you can be playing Chart tunes by the end of that period. Imagine if we end up self isolating for months you will be a concert pianist. I am totally addicted and I practise every day where possible . If you don’t have access to a piano download a keyboard (virtualpiano.net)
- Catch up on a box set. I don’t get too much time for TV but I personally have pencilled in The Morning Show with Jennifer Aniston (she is popping over to watch it lol !). I can recommend The Goop Lab (6 episodes) mind blowing informative stuff. Both on Netflix.
- Clear out the filing cabinet. Sort your paperwork. Shred anything with your ID on. Keep a separate receipts book for insurance and tax etc. Change all your passwords, which should be done on a regular basis and log them in a format only you can understand. I love an orderly office so this is done regularly in my home but it is often overlooked. Yes I am talking to you ……yes you !
- Write some beautiful e mails or send e cards to friends and family you are missing. Keep the communication going . They may not be enjoying themselves as much as you as they may not have READ THIS ARTICLE. So do your bit and forward it onto everyone you know.
JOJOS STYLELIST TIP: I AM THRILLED THE DEN MEDITATION CENTRE IN LA THAT I REGULARLY ATTEND IS NOW LIVE STREAMING THEIR WHOLE SCHEDULE SO I HAVE ENROLLED TO AS MANY CLASSES I CAN. WHAT A TREAT I CAN NOW DO THIS IN LONDON. I HOPE THESE POSITIVE CHANGES CONTINUE. JOIN IN DENMEDITATION.COM I AM TOTALLY OBSESSED. ITS THE THING I MISS THE MOST ABOUT LA AND NOW I CAN HAVE IT IN THE COMFORT OF MY OWN HOME HERE.