Those of you that follow me on my channel will know I only eat one meal a day between 1pm and 5pm. But I like to start my day with a green juice to ensure I get plenty of vitamins and the bulk of my 5 a day out of the way. Even though I sometimes make a berry smoothie generally it is healthier to stick to veggies as they produce less sugar on juicing. Happy juicing guys !
The benefits are huge and I could go on for ever but I am sure you have other things to get on with !!! Let me summarise in simple bullet points:
- Bathes body in rich plant nutrients
- Boosts immune system
- Reduces inflammation
- Increases Energy
- Chlorophyll detoxes the liver
- Antioxidants to promote healthy skin.
- Medicinal adding healing foods to counteract specific ailments (more on this later)
I used to use spinach but there have been some warnings about unhealthy amounts of cadmium levels but I am investigating this and will get back to you with more informed advice.
- Kale (one of the most nutrient dense foods on the planet)
- Cucumber (95% water great for hydration)
- Chia seeds (omega 3,fibre and quality protein)
- Ginger (anti inflammatory, energy boost)
- Pineapple (for sweetness, boosts immunity,high anti oxidants)
- Flaxseed oil (skin health, also a good internal cleanser, healthy hair, fats)
- Alkalising super green powder ( to reduce acid in the body important to maintain a good ph in the body)
- Plenty of ice ! ( just tastes better chilled )
Now you can add medicinal properties to your basic recipe e.g. turmeric for arthritis or any sort of inflammation, parsley for water retention, mint for bloating or headaches,cayenne to boost metabolism. Cinnamon for cholesterol. Fennel ( I use as I love the taste) but great for digestion. Garlic to lower blood pressure. Ashwaganda powder great for the menopause. reduces anxiety ,can boost testosterone, an ancient medicinal root.
Just pop it all into your Nutri Ninja which I assume you all have one by now and BLEND ! ENJOY …………
JOJOS STYLE LIST TIP : you need to do this daily to reap the benefits. leave out the avocado as can be too calorific for a daily basis juice. Save it for a treat