There is a heavy concentration in these present times on mental health but let us not forget therapy for our bodies. We invariably neglect our bodies as the nights draw in and we start to layer on the clothes but our bodies are truly amazing complex structures that need to be nurtured and maintained. It is time to devote more concentrated time to the body so lets start by having a body therapy day that ideally would be scheduled once a week.
Here is a list to structure into a BODY THERAPY DAY to restore and revitalise.
- On waking BEFORE getting out of bed start the day (every day) with the 6 way stretch. Catch the video on a previous blog (August 2019) on this site. I guarantee by performing these stretches before rising will ensure you move with grace throughout the rest of the day.
- Brisk walk to your local Greengrocers for your food for today. Nutritious soups, cleansing smoothies and crunchy fresh salads and herb teas are the order of the day. Grab a lemon too for plenty of water during the day with some lemon slices. It is important to go to just a fruit and veg store. NO SUPERMARKETS, NO SWEETSHOPS…..NO TEMPTATION ! Focus today on gut health to and increasing your microbiomes introduce raw sauerkraut, kefir, kimchi and kombuchka into your diet.
- Once home discover a gentle yoga class on youtube. Denise Austen is very good and offer 100s of different classes and duration. Choose a stretching and breathing on hour class. Breathe into your stretches and love your body get to know any stiffness and work through those movement. Listen to your body.
- Follow this with a full body self massage with organic sesame oil. Start with a body brush to remove dead skin cells. Then massage your body paying particular attention to your joints. Really wring those tissues out. Use this time to check your breasts too if you do this massage weekly you will recognise any differences in your breasts more easily. also don,t forget to massage your feet and any reflex points. Your feet deserve a treat when you think how hard they work for you.
- Shower the oil off alternating the water from hot to cold to stimulate the blood in your body.
- After lunch time to get your IPL handheld out we all have one of these now don’t we ?? If not book a session at your local salon. Its time to depilate and remove any unwanted body hair. This also must be a regular practice to semi- permanently remove hair.
- Hopefully after reading my previous articles you would have purchased my cannot live without PRANA MAT. If you lie on the needle like protrusians it really is like an at home acupuncture session and great for cellulite and back problems. Invest in one.
- Evening time light some candles and time for some meditation. Again there are many downloadable meditations. Meditating regularly has proven benefits for your body as well as your mind. Cleansing your organs and clearing your body of so many harmful stressors and focussing on bringing light into your body and expelling the stale dark negative air. Practise daily .
- Finally draw yourself a warm not hot bath and fill with Epsom Salts to soothe your muscles and rid your body of impurites and water retention. Create a peaceful ambiance in your bathroom with aromatherapy candles , soft lighting and warmth. Ensure you have a warm fluffy terry towelling robe to wrap yourself in. Bodies love texture and touch.
So that completes our body therapy course now get plenty of sleep to ensure its recharged for a more strenuous day tomorrow !!!
JOJOS STYLELIST TIP: BE YOUR OWN THERAPIST ITS SIMPLE AND CHEAPER WHICH MEANS YOU CAN RECEIVE IT MORE REGULARLY. HOPEFULLY YOU CAN ESTABLISH A REGULAR ROUTINE IN THE COMFORT OF YOUR OWN HOME AND BEGIN A LOVE AFFAIR WITH YOUR OWN BODY.